Toyota Tsusho Corporation
Toyoda Kinyu Kaisha, the Company’s predecessor, was a company established in 1936 to provide sales financing for Toyota vehicles. After World War II, holdings companies became prohibited by the second zaibatsu designation, which led to the dissolution of Toyoda Kinyu Kaisha (then known as Toyoda Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd.). However, the trading division of this company was transferred to Nisshin Tsusho Kaisha Ltd., Toyoda Sangyo’s successor established in 1948. Nisshin Tsusho would later evolve to become today’s Toyota Tsusho Corporation.